I travel a lot every year and here are my top 10 tips for travel beauty. Travelling with beauty products is such a pain these days with only being able to bring a tiny clear plastic bag with 100 ml liquids in your hand luggage on a plane.
But it has made me realise how much we really need to bring with us. It is so easy to just pack all your regular sized products in your main hold luggage, but are you wasting valuable space?
Yes, you are!
Would you use a whole 250 ml bottle of shampoo on a two-week vacation?
No, you wouldn’t!
A 100 ml bottle is sufficient and the same goes for all the other big bottles you might bring with you. Here is what you only need to bring.
Here are my top 10 tips for travel beauty:
- Buy travel sized products or decant from your regular products into smaller 100 ml or 50 ml bottles.
- Label bottles with waterproof labels.
- Cover all tops of products with your kitchen cling film then screw on the top, it stops leaks.
- Put bottles in resealable bags just in case of breakage in transit and then liquid does not go all over your clothes.
- Use multi-use products instead of taking lots of products.
- Bring full-sized sunscreen and after sun lotion these are the only items you will use most of the bottle.
- Make use of the allowance you can bring on the airline, I always bring a little of everything just in case connecting flights can be cancelled or bags are delayed.
- Buy products at the airport after you have been through security
- Use solids instead of liquid e.g. soap, deodorant (Also helps the environment)
- Use a small brush/comb or fold away.
- Your bonus tip click here to download a free travel beauty checklist!
I hope these tips help you on your next vacation and if you have any tips, please leave a comment, I would love to hear your beauty travel tips. Don’t forget to download your Free travel beauty checklist!
Please share on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest so your friends and family can read too. Sharing is caring!
Love Lucy x
I’ve never heard of the cling-wrap tip before you screw on the lid. I’m definitely going to try that next time I travel.
It has saved me from a few leakages on my travels! Especially with oils.
this is essential, i always do all these things and luckily airport stores have everything so if we forget anything we can just buy it there last minute _:)
Thank goodness for for airport shops!
I love all of these travel beauty tips. Some I already follow but others I never even thought of. Such as the water proof labels, I never thought of doing that. I need to try that and get one of those smaller brushes. I like that, thank you for sharing this!
Waterproof labels are handy as I once wrote on just sticky labels and then the ink smudge in the shower!
Wow this is an incredibly useful post! I love your tips for preventing leakages and even the fold away brush (I hadn’t thought of any of these!). Thank you 💚
Thank you! These little things will help on your travels ❤️
Loved the post, all the tips are amazing for people like me who like to travel a lot and look good on the way! Thanks for the advice!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed reading the tips ❤️
I like those small sizes cosmetics:) I really like your tip and soon I will fly for holiday so it’s lovely to read it
So glad I could help!