I travel a lot every year and here are my top 10 tips for travel beauty. Travelling with beauty products is such a pain these days with only being able to bring a tiny clear plastic bag with 100 ml liquids in your hand luggage on a plane.
But it has made me realise how much we really need to bring with us. It is so easy to just pack all your regular sized products in your main hold luggage, but are you wasting valuable space?
Yes, you are!
Would you use a whole 250 ml bottle of shampoo on a two-week vacation?
No, you wouldn’t!
A 100 ml bottle is sufficient and the same goes for all the other big bottles you might bring with you. Here is what you only need to bring.
Here are my top 10 tips for travel beauty:
- Buy travel sized products or decant from your regular products into smaller 100 ml or 50 ml bottles.
- Label bottles with waterproof labels.
- Cover all tops of products with your kitchen cling film then screw on the top, it stops leaks.
- Put bottles in resealable bags just in case of breakage in transit and then liquid does not go all over your clothes.
- Use multi-use products instead of taking lots of products.
- Bring full-sized sunscreen and after sun lotion these are the only items you will use most of the bottle.
- Make use of the allowance you can bring on the airline, I always bring a little of everything just in case connecting flights can be cancelled or bags are delayed.
- Buy products at the airport after you have been through security.
- Use solids instead of liquid e.g. soap, deodorant.
- Use a small brush/comb or fold away.
Here are some of my favourite products that I always travel with:
Best Multi-Use Product: Forever Aloe Vera Gelly
Best Face/Body/Foot/Hand moisturiser: Aloe Propolis Creme
Best Micellar Water: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 125 ml
Best Shampoo & Conditioner for Blonde Hair: John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Moisturising Shampoo and John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Moisturising Conditioner
Best Shower Gel: Aloe Hand Soap
Best Solid Deodorant: Aloe Ever-Shield Deodorant
Best Travel Kit: Forever Travel Kit
The Forever Living product links take you to the UK shop if you are from other parts of the world click here.
I hope these tips help you on your next vacation and if you have any tips, pleased leave a comment, I would love to hear your beauty travel tips. Don’t forget to download your Free travel beauty checklist.
Love Lucy x
If you are enjoying reading my blog please subscribe to my weekly newsletter, where you get all my latest blogs straight to your inbox and exclusive info that is not on the blog! Click here now to subscribe.
(L. Williams is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. I will earn a commission from Forever Living for any sales).