Packing for a two-week vacation on a motorbike is a nightmare! When my husband said we will take the motorbike to Sardinia, I was like great! NOT!
Anyway, that is what happened so I packed our tiny three bags that fit into the Ducati boxes. Now those three bags also included my husband’s stuff too! So really, I only had one and a half bags.
So how did I pack? Well, it all comes down to a capsule wardrobe for us both and clever packing.
Tools you Need:
- Packing Cubes – These are packing saviour! As you can fit so much more in these clever little bags. I use ebags available on Amazon, click on the photo for more details.
- Small Toiletries Bottles – Do not take large bottles and jars of your toiletries, decant into smaller bottles that are sufficient for the vacation length. 30 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml bottles are great sizes. I use these handy bottles, click on the photo for more details.
- Travel Hair Dryer – If I brought my regular hair dryer that would fit in just one box! So, invest in a small foldable travel hairdryer. I love my BaByliss travel hairdryer and it is quite powerful, click on the photo for more details.
- Travel Mirror – Bring a travel mirror as you never know if there will be a mirror where you stay or if it is in the right location of the room by plug socket or somewhere to put your makeup. I use one like this, click on the photo for more details.
- Perfume Decanter – This is a great little invention for perfume when travelling. As perfume bottles are getting more elaborate, bigger and heavier! I love these ones, click on the photo for more details.
I only packed a weeks’ worth of clothes as I knew I could do my laundry where I was staying. But most hotels, B&B’s, villas have a washing machine or they have a laundry service.
This way I do not over pack the weight we can have on the motorbike. We are not going to be charged for being overweight like at the airport, but if the boxes are too heavy the balance will be off for the motorbike. I don’t fancy toppling over!
I think what I will be doing whilst away on vacation, so beach, boat, lunches, dinners, tours, etc. Then I know what type of clothes I will need. I am not going to bring my formal dress for a barbeque!
I brought with me; 7 tees, 2 dressy tops, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of cropped trousers, two dresses, 1 pair of jeans, 2 bikinis, 1 pair of flip-flops, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of trainers, a hat, one handbag and one backpack.
How to Pack
- Fold and roll. Fold all larger pieces of clothing so they do not get too creased in the bag and place them at the bottom of the packing cubes.
- Roll the small items of clothing like your tees to fit more clothing in. Place those items on top of the folded items.
- Put shoes in plastic bags or cloth shoe bags so they do not get your clean clothes dirty.
- Put toiletries either in a compact bag or zip lock bags. Never leave them loose as they may they leak and then ruin your clothes for your vacation!
- I also put a piece of Clingfilm over the top of the bottle then screw the lid on. This gives you double protection over leaks.
- Weigh the bags before you secure them inside the boxes.
- Use a handbag that you can carry on the motorbike, like a cross-over style. So, you can keep all documents close to you, as you may need to get them out before embarking a ferry like we did.
I hope you found these packing tips for a two-week vacation for a motorbike helpful. If you enjoyed please share on Facebook or Twitter or pin for later Pinterest. Sharing is caring!
If you have a question or any packing tips to share please comment below, I would love to hear them!
Love Lucy x
(L. Williams is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, at no extra cost, to you).