While I have been cruising Alaska, I have noticed that a lot of passengers arrive unprepared for the Alaskan weather!
So, I thought these top 10 packing tips for an Alaskan cruise would be good suggestions and help if you are going on a cruise in Alaska in the future.
In Alaska, you can have many types of weather in one week. You are lucky if you do not see rain once that week!
The temperature can range from 8C to 20C. When you go scenic cruising around a fjord to see a glacier it is always cold.
Top 10 suggestions to bring with you
Click on the photos to get more information on that item.
- Bring a jacket that is warm and waterproof. These are my suggestions:
- Hat, gloves and scarf. These are essential for cold days and when it is raining and scenic cruising a glacier.
- Waterproof walking shoes or boots. When it rains it pours! Sports shoes are great when it is dry but, rain goes through a lot the mesh styles! So be careful of the style you pack. There is a lot of walking in Alaska so a comfortable waterproof pair will make your life easier.
- Bring an umbrella.
- A backpack is better than a handbag as then you can be hands-free to take photos or hold your umbrella! Also, if it warms up you can but your jacket, etc inside.
- You always need a camera or a smartphone to take lots of photos of Alaska. It is such a beautiful place scenically and for the wild animals, you may see. Good idea to take a waterproof camera if you can. Also, if you like spotting animal’s binoculars are another great item to bring.
- Water bottle so you can refill it, better for the environment and there are places to fill up your bottles onboard and ashore. A foldable one is good so it takes less space in your luggage.
- Sunglasses for if it is sunny unless it is raining! But there is always a glare even if cloudy, so protect your eyes from squinting.
- Tissues or a soft cloth to wipe your camera/phone down when it rains!
- Hand Sanitizer this is a must anywhere, but you need it in nature.
I hope you find these packing tips for an Alaskan cruise helpful. If you have any questions or have your own suggestion please comment below.
If you enjoyed reading, please share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or your other favourite social media channel so others can enjoy reading too. All the buttons are below this article and sharing is caring!
Love Lucy x
P.S. If you sign up for my weekly newsletter you will get all the info not featured on the blog and receive all my new blogs straight to your inbox. Sign up here
(L. Williams is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, at no extra cost, to you).