The Ultimate Top 10 Useful Gifts for the Traveller

The Ultimate Top 10 Useful Gifts for the Traveller

The festive season is coming up very soon and will be here before we know it! If you have traveller in your family or have friends that love to travel, here is the ultimate top ten useful gift ideas for them.

Gift Idea One – Ultimate Travel List

Lonely Planet’s Ultimate Travelist: The 500 Best Places on the Planet – This is a fantastic gift for anyone looking for travel ideas and where to go to next. This compilation of the 500 most unmissable sights and attractions in the world has been ranked by Lonely Planet’s global community of travel experts.

Gift Idea Two – Kindle Oasis E-Reader

Kindle Oasis E-reader, Waterproof, 7″ High-Resolution Display (300 ppi), Built-In Audible, 8 GB Wi-Fi – Travelling is a great time to read and with this new waterproof Kindle with that reads like printed paper, without glare, even in bright sunlight they can take it anywhere! The battery keeps its charge and lasts weeks, not hours. Also, if they are an Amazon Prime member they can read for free with unlimited access to a rotating selection of more than a thousand titles.

Gift Idea Three – Scratch Off Places I Have Been World Map

Black Scratch Places Off World Poster – Large Places I’ve Been World Travel Map – This is such a fun gift for a traveller with #travelgoals. Instead of pinning the places they have been to, but scratch the country off!

christmas-gifts-still-life-with-beautiful-bokeh-picjumbo-com

Gift Idea Four – Luggage Tag and Passport Cover

Travel Set

Everyone needs a luggage label! A passport cover is nice to have when travelling a lot to protect it from wear and tear.

Gift Idea Five – Protective Covers for Valuables

Noaks Bags Set | 5 piece (XS/S/M/L/XL) Protective Covers – These are more of stocking filling, but such a handy thing to have while travelling to keep all the valuable items clean and away from water damage. Also good for keeping food in while travelling all day.

Gift Idea Six – Travel Laundry Bag

Travel Laundry Bag – It is much nicer to have a laundry bag than just a grocery store plastic bag! Also this is nice when travelling home to separate dirty clothes from the clean in your luggage.

christmas-time-decorations-still-life-picjumbo-com

Gift Idea Seven – Travel Journal

Leather Journal Notebook – Every traveller needs a journal to write down their experiences from around the world to remember those special memories.

Gift Idea Eight – Packing Cubes

eBags Packing Cubes – 4 piece Classic Set – These are the useful packing item to organise your clothes and fit more in your luggage. I cannot live without these!

Gift Idea Nine – Microfibre Towel

A microfibre travel towel is so handy as it dries quickly and is antibacterial. It can used it on the beach, swimming, gym, as a yoga mat, camping, backpacking or just in your bathroom. This is a large size 132cm x 81cm and comes with a free hand/face cloth and comes in a box, so easy to wrap up!

Gift Idea Ten – Backpack

Waterproof Laptop Backpack with USB Charging Port, PRITEK Anti-Theft Travel Backpack Fits Up to 15.6 Inch Laptop –  This backpack has it all for days sight-seeing on the move and so handy to have USB charging port for their phone or tablet.

All the recommended products are available from my favourite online shop Amazon! As it is your one-stop shop. So, why not take advantage of free delivery on many of their products by signing up for a free Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial!

Also, today is Cyber Monday so there are lots of great deals on Amazon.co.uk so hurry and check it out! To see all the great deals click here.

I hope these ten useful gifts for the traveller have helped you with your up coming shopping! What would you ask for?

If you enjoyed reading about this gift guide, please share on Facebook and Pinterest so your friends and family can read too. Sharing is caring!

Happy Travels

Love Lucy x

The Ultimate Top 10 Useful Gifts for the Traveller

(L. Williams is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, at no extra cost, to you).

• 214
    Shares
  • 214
    Shares

27 Comments

1. Meera
    November 11, 2017 / 10:42 am

Love these ideas! I really want a scratch map.

LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

• November 11, 2017 / 3:53 pm

Thank you! Me too, its such a great idea. I hope I get one for Christmas!

2. November 12, 2017 / 10:28 am

Great selections! I just realized you’re in the UK. Hopefully I can get these in amazon US 😊

• November 12, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Thank you! You should be able to get these gifts on amazon US, I am currently in the process of getting my links in in the US too, so I will let you know when it is working 🎁😀🎁

3. November 13, 2017 / 7:52 pm

As a long-term traveler, I would definitely love to have all of these gifts, Lucy. As Christmas is just around the corner, I will really use your post and maybe buy some of these to my travel buddy. 😀

• November 13, 2017 / 10:06 pm

So pleased you like the gift ideas Agness! I would like some of these gifts too!

4. November 19, 2017 / 4:14 am

The others here are nice to have but a Kindle is always my #1 choice as reader and a travel. I can’t imagine traveling without a Kindle (and hundreds of books!). I can do away with everything else except that!

5. November 20, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Generally, I am skeptical about gift ideas. Too often, “must have” or “useful” turn out to be just another knickknack or forgettable item destined to be buried at the back of a closet. Not this time. After sweating my way through a trip to Taiwan, the microfibre travel towel is what I am going to gift to… myself. It would be so handy when I come back to the SE Asia next year.

• November 21, 2017 / 10:48 pm

I love the microfibre towels they are so handy and dry very quickly!

6. November 21, 2017 / 5:23 am

These are really great gift ideas! In fact I have some version of all of them, except for that Lonely Planet book and the Laundry bag. That laundry bag would come in incredibly handy right now on the road though!

7. November 21, 2017 / 3:51 pm

Some great Christmas gift ideas here. Put a world map on anything and it’s instantly made more attractive.

8. November 21, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Lots of great suggestions, thanks for the gift tips. I love Lonely Planet books, can’t get enough of those. And that travel laundry bag is the cutest!

9. authenticfoodquest
    November 21, 2017 / 5:40 pm

What a great guide. As a traveler myself, I use many of these gift ideas which are incredibly practical and helpful. My Kindle, packing cubes and micro-fiber towel are a must have. I’m intrigued by the backpack with the USB port..might need to add that one to my list.

• November 21, 2017 / 10:55 pm

Thank you very much! I hope you get the backpack for Christmas!

10. November 22, 2017 / 2:45 am

Micro fiber towels and laundry bags are great ideas. Could use those.

11. November 22, 2017 / 4:25 am

So many great gift ideas!! I particularly love packing cubes and microfiber towels – they are so useful to bring on trips!

• November 22, 2017 / 5:37 pm

I cannot live without packing cubes, they are the best invention for packing!

12. November 22, 2017 / 10:04 am

These are amazing ideas! Thanks for putting these up together. I have lots of travelling friends and I always have issues trying to find ideas so it’s handy haha.

13. November 22, 2017 / 11:17 pm

I agree with you about Amazon prime. I hate going to malls and megastores. Prime makes it so easy to shop at a competitive price and have it shipped right away. Great gift selection. You can’t go wrong with a high speed backpack.

• November 23, 2017 / 1:27 am

Thank you! I love online shopping especially with Amazon as can I order nearly everything!