Top 10 Flight Essentials

Top 10 Flight Essentials - UK - Lucy Williams

I have just flown for 14 hours, so I thought I would share my top ten flight essentials that I always carry in my hand luggage.

Flying long-haul or short-haul is never fun, but if you have a few flight essentials it will make your flight more bearable.

I always carry these items in my hand luggage:

Flight Pillow

I always carry my own flight pillow as I then know only I have used it! The Cabeau Evolution Memory Foam Travel Pillow is the most comfortable pillow I have ever used as it keeps your head in a good position and it firm. It squashes down into a little bag, so easy to travel with.

Pashmina

I like to use my own pashmina as a blanket, again then I know no one else has used it before me! A dark colour is better so no aeroplane spills show!

Sweets and Mints

I chew on Mentos when the plane is taking off to stop my ears from popping. I carry Altoids Peppermints for a quick breath fresher in between getting up to clean my teeth.

Hand Cream

My favourite hand cream for the plane is L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream as works wonders for dry, tired hands and it comes in a 30 ml travel size, so you can put it in your little clear bag!

iPad

My iPad Mini is my flight essential as I use it waiting to board the plane and onboard. I listen to podcasts, read magazines, read books, play games, listen to music and maybe even write a blog post!

Headphones

Headphones on a plane are a necessity, just to block out the noise of the people around you! Noise cancelling headphones are great for you to relax and be in your own zone. I have the Sony Overhead Noise Cancelling Headphones, I would love to have a Bose pair one day, but these ones work well and do not break the bank!

Socks

I like to put on a clean pair of socks on even if I am already wearing a pair of socks (over the top), it just makes it comfier and then you can walk around the plane without having to put your shoes on every time you get up.

Hand Sanitiser

Planes are not the cleanest of places, so I always have some hand sanitiser to clean my hands and I put some on a tissue to clean the fold away tray and armrests!

Glasses Case

If you wear glasses, there will be a point that you would like to take them off to sleep or rest your eyes. So a glasses case is handy to have in the seat pocket.

Rescue Remedy

If you are a little nervous or anxious before or during the flight, I find that Rescue Remedy has a calming effect. Just put four drops on the tongue or in a glass of water.

If you enjoyed these tips subscribe to my weekly newsletter and receive for free my Top 15 Packing Tips Click here to subscribe

All the recommended products are available from my favourite online shop Amazon! As it is your one-stop shop from the comfort of your sofa!

I hope you have enjoyed reading the top 10 flight essentials, please share on Facebook and Pinterest so your friends and family can read too. Sharing is caring!

Happy Travels

Love Lucy x

(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites at no extra cost to you).

• 815
    Shares
  • 815
    Shares

20 Comments

1. December 16, 2017 / 2:59 pm

Definitely the pillow, the headphone, and ipad. Actually, I can’t travel without the headphone. I did that once and had to buy an overpriced one at the airport. Oh, and my favorite traveling attire is sweatshirt and leggings. Very comfortable.

• December 17, 2017 / 9:33 pm

I agree headphones are a must! Comfy attire is essential 😀

2. December 17, 2017 / 1:31 pm

Great list of flight essentials! I always conveniently forget my ‘pillow’ because I think they are a packing pain in the butt, but one that folds up into a tiny package? I’m all for getting one of those.

• December 17, 2017 / 9:33 pm

I used to think the same until I bought this one and I haven’t looked back.

3. December 18, 2017 / 2:52 am

Useful flight essential items. I swear by rescue remedy- good for all kinds of nervous situations. I have a goal for finding the smallest neck pillow to carry, but yours looks too comfortable to pass up.

• December 20, 2017 / 8:59 am

I use reuse remedy a lot, I find it really calms me down! I recommend the pillow, it is the best I have found.

4. December 18, 2017 / 11:55 am

I also like to bring a scarf. Sometime airplanes can be freezing and they don’t always offer blankets. And I throw a pair of socks in my bag for the same reason because there’s nothing worse than your feet freezing. But I would never get up and walk anywhere without putting my shoes back on.

• December 20, 2017 / 8:59 am

A scarf and socks are always essential on a plane ✈️

5. December 18, 2017 / 5:48 pm

These are indeed essential part of travel today. I always carry inflatable pillows and extra pair of socks.
    Good you have put all together.

6. December 19, 2017 / 8:14 am

Socks and neck pillow are a must for me! I always forget the mints. That’s a good reminder. Gotta put a case of altoids in my travel pouch right away.

7. December 19, 2017 / 9:02 pm

We share some personal flight travel essentials. I would add a bottle of water because I feel that we never get enough water onboard. Never heard about rescue enemy, is it a medicine or something natural?

• December 20, 2017 / 9:02 am

Yes, I always bring a bottle of water, after the last security check! The Rescue Remedy is natural, but it is very calming for any situation.

8. December 20, 2017 / 3:46 am

I’m definitely saving this list! I can’t believe I left out so many of these items when I’ve flown in the past. Hand lotion and a pashmina… genius! I’ll absolutely be picking up some Rescue Remedy and that pillow also, since I’m terrible at flying.

• December 20, 2017 / 9:03 am

Rescue Remedy is fantastic for calming, I use it a lot for many situations! Glad you like the list!

9. December 20, 2017 / 7:44 am

Totally agree on all points – I love my scarf for use as a blanket too! And a pillow is always a must – the airline pillows are always so awkward, and I recently heard that they actually don’t wash them after each flight :O So I’m all about my own pillow now!!

• December 20, 2017 / 9:03 am

I heard that too! That’s why I always bring my own!