5 Products You Need in Your Travel First Aid Kit

5 Products You Need in Your Travel First Aid Kit -Lucy Williams Global

I like to travel with a first aid kit with a few products that I know work and the instructions are in English. It is a lot easier to have something on hand than having to find a pharmacy when travelling.

I am not a doctor, but I carry these products with me when travelling. Please seek medical assistance if needed and always read the packaging of any meditation before you take it.

(This post includes affiliate links for more information see my disclaimer).

First Aid Kit

You could just bring a small travel size first aid kit to cover a lot of issues and there are a lot of great kits available on Amazon, like these ones:

These are the 5 products I always bring with me when travelling on a cruise vacation, a land vacation or even a weekend break:

Ibuprofen

Ibuprofen is good for headaches, fever, back pain, muscle pain and other body pains, as per the packaging label.

I always have a packet of Advil in my bag for headaches.

Plasters/Band-Aids

From cutting your finger to blisters on the back of your heels, band-aids are always handy to carry around. I don’t how many times I have needed a bandaid for cut up heels from my shoes rubbing after being out on tour all day.

I like to have a selection of sizes and choice of waterproof, I like these Band-Aids as it is a selection pack.

Allergy Tablets

I have allergies and I always carry allergy medication in my bag. Allergies can start at any time so it is always good to have a packet handy.

These ones by Claritin melt in your mouth so you do not even need any water to swallow them.

Travel Sickness Tablets

If you are going on a cruise, it is good to bring some travel sickness tablets. Even if you do not get sick, if it gets rough it might hit you. I generally do not get sick, but if it has been very calm seas and then the weather changes I can feel queasy.

Dramamine can be taken for cruise, car and plane sickness.

Heat Cream

Deep Heat is my go-to cream for sore muscles after the gym or walking around all day. I would rather apply heat cream onto the muscles than take an Ibuprofen.

Deep Heat always hits the spot after a long day.

Also, entering a country with prohibited medicines has been a hot topic with the media for the last few years. You must be careful about the type of medication you travel with, this article Taking Medication Abroad in 2018 explains why it’s important.

These are my top five travel first aid kit products, what can you not travel without in your travel first aid kit?

If you are going on a cruise soon you may also like to read:

TOP 10 HANDY THINGS TO BRING ON A CRUISE

10 TIPS ON HOW TO PACK JUST HAND LUGGAGE FOR A CRUISE

THE ART OF PACKING FOR A CRUISE: HOW TO PACK A CAPSULE WARDROBE FOR A HOT CLIMATE

I hope you have enjoyed reading about travel first aid, please share on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest so your friends and family can read too. Sharing is caring!

Happy Travels

Love Lucy x

P.S. Sign up to the mailing list and never miss a blog post and receive my 15 top packing tips. Click here to subscribe

5 Products You Need in Your Travel First Aid Kit - Lucy Williams Global

(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites at no extra cost to you).

• 497
    Shares
  • 497
    Shares

18 Comments

1. February 6, 2018 / 5:43 pm

GIRL. Having the instructions in English is SUCH a good point I’ve never thought of before! I always, always recommend people to bring these things with them too, ESPECIALLY ibuprofen and plasters. Why? Because most of mine were used by other travellers who hadn’t packed them! I see so many other people saying “don’t bother, just buy them when you’re there” so ya know, you cut yourself and then instead of pulling a plaster out of your bag, you have to find a pharmacy and buy them, or in the middle of the night you get a headache and nothing’s open. But the language factor is so true as well!

2. marjiemare
    February 8, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Thank you for your post. Most of the times, people tend to forget to carry those important items.

3. Daisha
    February 9, 2018 / 12:23 am

These are wonderful first aid ideas. I never thought of making a kit to take with me when I travel. I am going to do that the next time for sure.

4. Stephanie
    February 9, 2018 / 2:34 am

I keep a first aid kit in the car, but I never though of putting the allergy meds in there, great idea! I have to keep kids dramamine with us whenever we travel because my oldest gets motion sickness.

5. Narkis
    February 9, 2018 / 6:29 am

Thank you for this post, every time I travel I forget so many of these things. obviously there’s always something you need and you get stuck without! :\

6. Rose Mont
    February 9, 2018 / 1:41 pm

I have a prepackaged first aid kit. I think I have all of those items except the allergy medicine. Bandaids are a must for kids and adults!

7. Alice Boswell
    February 9, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Advil is my life saver when I travel abroad. First aid kit is a must if I travel to remote area.

8. February 9, 2018 / 8:36 pm

I tend to gravitate toward more homeopatic and natural supplements (: I really enjoyed reading this post.

9. theclutterboxblog
    February 9, 2018 / 11:10 pm

Oh this is a great reminder. I really need to update my at home and car first aid kits and I know I don’t have a travel one!!

10. Glenda Kruse
    February 10, 2018 / 4:09 am

These are all some great products. I really like taking a first aid kit with me every time my son has a game or when we are out for a long period of time,

11. February 11, 2018 / 12:16 am

Those would all be useful in a first aid kit. It’s kind of cool that the Claritin ones melt in your mouth. I just haven’t had good success with Claritin. Only Benadryl has seemed to work for me, even if it makes me desperately tired.

12. February 11, 2018 / 4:44 am

I always keep a first-aid kit with me whenever I travel as you never know when you need it. I loved your list…I also keep almost everything mentioned here (but different brands and names). Great list!

13. February 11, 2018 / 9:11 am

Most people overlook the importance of a travel kit like me and I learned my lesson the hard way. Everyone should definitely have one.

14. February 11, 2018 / 1:33 pm

Love this! Just pinned it to my travel board. I always make sure to have a travel first aid kit of some sort when going somewhere. I even create a mini one for things like concerts and festivals – you never know and I’m prone to accidents and headaches, so need to be prepared!

15. June 30, 2018 / 10:46 pm

I’ve never ever taken a first aid kit with me before. I always just presume that someone else will have one or I’ll deal with it when I get to that juncture. How difficult is it to take a little packet of pills and a pack of plasters with you in a spare pocket of your bag? I think you’ve convinced me.

• August 1, 2018 / 10:56 am

I’m glad I have convinced you to take some medication/plasters with you on your next trip!

16. July 2, 2018 / 9:08 am

I travel with most of these. I would also add on some type of anti-diarrhoea pills as I’ve been caught without them and had disastrous consequences.