Last year I interviewed several cruise ship passengers and they gave some great cruise and travel tips.
I thought I would combine the best cruise tips in one easy to read
Best Cruise Tips
- For first-time cruisers enjoy and try everything, take it all in and have fun!
- Read up on ports of call and check the cruise line website and look at the layout of your ship.
- Don’t try to do every activity onboard the ship, as there is not enough time and you are there to relax too!
- Take a short 3-day cruise first and make sure you like it. Then if you do like cruising make them longer and longer.
- Make a list after you get in your cabin for your room-steward of your needs. Extra items you would like for example; extra tissues, extra ice, extra hangers, etc. The room steward can’t read your mind and they will be glad you told them
- Plan on wearing clothes twice and take advantage of the laundry service or a better option is using the laundry room.
- If you are travelling to a foreign country, consider purchasing foreign currency ahead of time. Often, when paying in cash you get better deals. At restaurants, use your Amex, Visa or Mastercard, as you get the true exchange rate for that day. Bear in mind your bank may charge a foreign transaction fee.
- Packing cubes are great and they fit into the drawers onboard the ship, so you simply pull them out of your suitcase and put them in the drawers.
- Make a list prior to packing this way you will not forget to pack something that you cannot easily find in a foreign country.
- Pack your suitcase, now take out half of your clothes. Pack your wallet in your hand luggage, now put twice as much cash in it!
Read the cruise ship passengers interviews:
I will be interviewing more cruise ship passengers this year and I would love to hear from you! If you would like to take part, please fill out my contact form or comment below and I will get in touch with you.
I hope you enjoyed reading the Top 10 Best Cruise Tips from Cruise Ship Passengers. Please share on Facebook and Twitter so your friends and family can read too or pin for later on Pinterest.