How do you pack a capsule wardrobe for a 7 day Mediterranean Cruise? Packing for a Mediterranean cruise can be confusing, depending on which month you will be cruising.
On most cruise lines the Mediterranean cruises start the season in May until November and it is not hot all year round, so it is always best to check the weather before you pack.
Here are the approximate averages temperatures for the Mediterranean for each month:
May: 15*C – 20*C
June: 18*C – 28*C
July: 25*C – 30*C
August: 25*C – 30*C
September: 20*C -25*C
October: 15*C -20*C
November: 10*C – 15*C
Pack some layers so you are covered for all temperatures.
PICK COLOURS FOR YOUR MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE CAPSULE WARDROBE
How to Pack a Capsule Wardrobe for a 7 Day Mediterranean Cruise – sticking to a colour theme this way you cannot go wrong.
First, decide on colours you would like to wear in your capsule wardrobe, as packing any capsule wardrobe is all about picking a colour theme. This way you can mix and match your clothes.
- 2/3 base colours for pants/skirts/shorts – For example black, navy, white, beige, brown.
- 2/3 colours for tops/tees/sweaters/cardigans – For example white, pink and blue.
This means not adding any random colours in that do not match anything.
WHAT TYPE OF CLOTHES DO YOU NEED FOR A MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE?
The next step is figuring out what clothes you are going to need for the Mediterranean cruise.
Will you be going on tours? – In Europe, tours include a fair amount of walking on uneven surfaces and using stairs in old buildings.
How many formal nights will there be? – On average 2 per week.
Are you going to the dining room or buffet? – Pack dressier clothing for the dining room, casual for the buffet.
Will you be going to the gym or fitness classes? – Pack your gym kit if you really are going to use it!
The main thing is to pack layers as if it is warmer you can take layers off.
Note – if you are planning on entering any churches/cathedrals you may need to cover your shoulders. Always handy to bring a cardigan or scarf.
In Europe, if you planning on going on tours or walking around the ports on your own, wear comfortable footwear, as most paths are uneven. There is nothing worse than your feet hurting halfway through the day or getting a blister.
The stairs need to used in most buildings and your walking route may be longer than you are used to. Trainers (sneakers), walking shoes, slip-on comfortable shoes that go with your outfits I recommend.
HERE IS ALL YOU NEED FOR A 7 DAY MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE
For this article I am going to use the scenario that you will be going on tours, there are two formal nights, you will be eating in the dining room and you go to the gym.
Seven days is not that long and on most cruise lines there are laundry facilities that you can use or there will be a laundry service.
If you are cruising longer than 7 days and your cruise is 10 days, 14 days or 21 days just double or triple my suggestions or just take the 7-day list and do laundry your onboard.
For the day time for tours or doing your own thing in port or on the sea days this is all you need:
- 2 Pairs of casual trousers/capris/shorts – daytime
- 1/2 Casual Dresses – daytime
- 3/5 Casual tops/shirts – daytime
- 2/3 Vest Tops (to layer if needed) – daytime
- 1/2 Light Weight Sweaters/Cardigans – daytime
- Lightweight scarf
- 1 Pair of Trainers/Walking Shoes
- 1 Pair of Sandals/Ballet Pumps
- If going in cooler months – Lightweight Jacket/Rain jacket (I love Uniqlo jackets, as they roll up and come with a bag)
For the evening onboard this is all you need:
- 1/2 Pairs of smart trousers/skirt – evening onboard
- 3/5 Smart tops – evening onboard
- 1 Smart dress (optional) – evening onboard
- 2 Formal Dresses (or bring just 1) – formal nights onboard
- 1 Pair of Heels
- 1 Pair of Ballet Pumps/Flats
- Formal clutch bag/purse
- Light Weight Scarves – dress-up an evening outfit
General daily items:
- Gym kit (if you use the gym)
- Swimwear/Over up/Flip Flops (if you use the swimming pool onboard or beaches ashore)
Packing for your beauty products – check out my travel beauty checklist:
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY READING
I hope you have found this information helpful and now know how to pack a capsule wardrobe for a 7 day Mediterranean cruise.
Don’t forget to download the printable free packing checklist for a Mediterranean Cruise – Click here to get it sent to your inbox now!
Please share on Facebook and Twitter so your friends and family can read too or pin for later on Pinterest.
Love Lucy x
P.S. Sign up to the mailing list and never miss a blog post by receiving my monthly newsletter with all the latest posts, what is happening behind the scenes and travel tips, just complete your name and email below: