How do you make an Aperol Spritz?
Making an Aperol Spritz is very easy and simpler than you think, here I am going to show you how to make an Aperol Spritz the correct way.
It is the perfect cocktail to drink on a hot summer’s day, on vacation or as an aperitivo. If you do not like sweet cocktails this bittersweet cocktail is the drink for you.
This Italian aperitif looks fabulous as it is a bright orange colour and always looks great in a photo and it tastes amazing, especially in the heat.
*Always drink Aperol responsibly
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
History of Aperol
Can you believe Aperol has been around for over 100 years! It first hit the shelves in 1919 but did not become popular until after World War II. It was originally produced by the Barbieri company in Padua in Italy, it is now made by the Campari Group. The name comes from the Italian slang word for aperitivo (aperitif) which is ‘apero’, hence the name Aperol.
What is Aperol made of?
Aperol is made of gentian, rhubarb, cinchona, an infusion of bitter and sweet oranges and other secret ingredients. It is similar to Campari but lighter in colour, half the alcohol content and not as bitter.
What you need for an Aperol Spritz
When making any cocktail you will need a few good tools and here is what you will need to make the perfect Aperol Spritz:
- A good quality big wine glass
- A spirit measure to measure the Aperol and prosecco
- A cocktail spoon to mix the ingredients all together
- An ice tray to make your ice cubes in the freezer
- A drinking straw – straws always make a cocktail more fun!
- A Champagne stopper if you are not planning on drinking all the prosecco in one sitting
- Use the below ingredients to make an Aperol Spritz the correct way:
Aperol Spritz Recipe
- 90 ml Prosecco (9 cl)
- 60 ml Aperol (6 cl)
- 1 Splash Soda Water
- 1 Glass Ice Cubes
- 1 Slice Orange
- Fill a wine glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in the prosecco first.
- Pour in the Aperol second.
- Add a splash of soda water.
- Mix all together with a cocktail spoon.
- Then you have an Aperol Spritz ready to drink.
- Drink responsibly!
The above recipe is the correct way and this is how it would be made in a bar. When you are at home, just turn the bottle of Aperol around and it has the quick way written on the back of the bottle:
- Equal parts of Prosecco and Aperol
- Dash of soda water
- Add a slice of orange and enjoy
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY READING
I hope you enjoyed reading how to make an Aperol Spritz. Please share on Facebook and Twitter so your friends and family can read it too or pin it for later on Pinterest.